Wednesday, May 2, 2012

When are you going to publish my book?

I suppose that in  this modern age when every thing is instant - even publishing can be instant via 'e' publishing, it must be difficult for authors to understand that they have to wait to get a response from a publisher. And that publishing can take up to two years from date of submission ( I have had to wait longer). and that enquiry after two weeks will not hasten the procedure. New authors, especially, are often guilty of the overzealous request - for WHEN will I be published.

 'Attitude' does not help either, the threat to take the Ms elsewhere will not move your manuscript any faster through the process and might well turn off a prospective publisher of your story.

If you really can't wait, then go into epublishing. It's quick, low cost and gets you instant results.

 link to my other blog

3 comments:

Helen said...

Hazel, when you had to wait longer than 2 years to get a manuscript published, did you hear anything at all from the publisher during that time, or did their response come when you'd almost forgotten about the submission?

Unknown said...

I heard after some time that they were interested but I didn't get a contract for a long time. I've actually waited longer than two years to get a manuscript published.

Anonymous said...

Concerning commercial printing, I've truly came across so many resources for knowledge it really is too much to handle sometimes. However I do appreciate the post listed here titled "When are you going to publish my book?".
Also visit my blog - banner printing